Search This Blog


There's one I want on the top shelf...

Friday, May 7, 2010

I Believe

Some things you just know. Even in the face of contradictory experience or evidence, something inside tells you it’s true. Albert Einstein knew the Theory of Relativity was sound before he could prove it. Leonardo DaVinci produced detailed drawings of inventions his great, great, great-grandchildren would never live to see. And closer to home, my mom has always insisted that the women in our family have some weird sense that connects us to the people we love. I think she’s right because there are times when she has known things she couldn’t. And then it happened to me. Sitting in class at Chico State one day, I got the profound feeling I should go check on Keilana in the childcare center. I brushed this aside a number of times given that Keilana would often cry when I came to pick her up because she wasn’t ready to leave. Finally, I couldn’t deny the feeling anymore and decided to walk over even though it meant I would be late for my next class. When I came in the door, she looked up, saw me, and tearfully exclaimed, “Mommy, I wished for you and you camed!” I’m sure glad I did. It turned out that she was just having a sad moment, but I knew she needed me. In Frank Asch’s Skyfire, Bear knows the sky is on fire and he is the only one who can save everyone. He must be onto something because the sky is still here, isn’t it?

http://www.amazon.com/Skyfire-Frank-Asch/dp/0671668617

http://www.frankasch.com/about_asch.shtml

2 comments:

  1. I believe! Trust this inner "voice". I have had experiences like this... with my dad and it progressed to my siblings, friends, husband and is very heightened with my children. My kids say "Mamma knows", all of the time. My father has called me several times from Colorado when we have had major earthquakes here in So. Ca within minutes. He called me 30 minutes after the Northridge earthquake hit us in Jan 1994 at 4:30 AM. There are connections with the ones you love. Through dreams and encounters with "strangers" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always told me mom that if I am ever missing to listen really hard because I'll be transmitting my location. :)

    ReplyDelete