Search This Blog


There's one I want on the top shelf...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Too Little To Know Better...


I started this adventure with more enthusiasm than sense and more passion than experience. Don’t know how to change my ringtone, let alone create a blog? No problem! Not sure I’ll be able to find enough unique books worth reading? No worries! Haven’t considered the giant nature of a project this ambitious while still working fourteen hours a day? Pshaw! I’m a jump in kinda gal, and jump I did. Don’t get me wrong, I have really loved doing this so far and wouldn’t trade a minute of it, but there were a number of things I never realized would come up, chief among them: When and how often do I read the real gems? I don’t like the idea of getting my favorites in at the beginning and then being left with several months of second-stringers, so I’ve been trying to ration the classics while doing a bit of tooth-gnashing waiting for the cream of the crop. The thing I didn’t count on was that Scarlett doesn’t make such distinctions. She loves the reading experience--with a purity and abandon that I have sadly outgrown. Every book still has the potential for magic undiscovered. I am comfortable with casually flipping through some books just to check them off the list. Scarlett loves every cheesy page like it was from a Caldecott winner. Thus, fancifully, Playful Puppies published by Playmore/Waldman, with its “doogies” that say “bock, bock” (hey, she’s still new here), is every bit as engaging as the heavy hitters.





http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8h=i%3Astripbooks%2Cp_27%3APlaymore%20Waldman&field-author=Playmore%20Waldman&page=1











No comments:

Post a Comment