Search This Blog


There's one I want on the top shelf...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Want To Ride My Bicycle

Four years ago, I had a really bad day. Well, I had really bad morning that turned into a really nice day. The day before the morning, I poured money I didn’t have into a car I could barely keep running for repairs which were cost-inflated and poorly done thinking I had extended the limping life of my little red car a few more (hopefully) months. Alas, as I trotted out the next morning, dressed for the exercising I would get once my newly-overhauled ride got me to the cheap gym at the edge of town, I was in for disappointment. No spark. No turnover. No deal. No dice. I was so distraught, I crawled right back into bed, workout clothes, muddy shoes and all, and pulled the covers over my head, determined never to leave my bed again. My sweet Nick, who is ordinarily mystified and/or annoyed by such drama, got one of those rare flashes of insight from the universe and did just the right thing--he walked to the store and bought me a new bike. A beautiful, electric blue bike just made for cruising with a nice, wide seat and none of those pesky gears I can’t use anyway. And to top it off, Keilana put baskets and a bell with an “I heart my bike” sticker on it for my birthday. In H.A. Rey’s Curious George Rides a Bike, the little guy gets into some serious bike mischief. He can’t help it. He hearts his bike.

http://www.amazon.com/Curious-George-Rides-Bike-Rey/dp/0395174449

http://www.kidsreads.com/authors/au-rey-ha.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment