Search This Blog


There's one I want on the top shelf...

Sunday, March 7, 2010

You've Got A Friend


Jeff Foxworthy says that your best friend can never bail you out of jail--because if they are really your best friend, they’ll be in jail with you. So true. I got to reconnect today with a best friend I haven’t seen in way too long. I’ve known her for more than a decade, she has been with me through some tough times, and she can make me laugh faster than almost anyone. She has cared for and about my kids, jumped my battery way too early in the morning, given me a safe place to stay, listened to me cry/rant/rave and nearly suffered mortal injury from helping me take out my Christmas tree the first holiday after an awful divorce. We have so many inside jokes that we speak our own language. She knows a lot of my secrets, much of my past, and all of my flaws. I don’t have any sisters, but I have Christina, and that must be pretty close. Scarlett had Winnie the Pooh on the brain today, so Nick read her Nancy Parent’s Friendship Day from the Lessons from the Hundred-Acre Wood series. All the woodsfolk come up with special, handmade gifts for everyone on Friendship Day--all, except Eeyore, who can’t think of a thing. Naturally, Christopher Robin steps in with a creative idea and the morose little donkey is the day’s big star. Prairie dogs. Naughty koalas. Temptation Island. Birdie. I could tell you what these mean, but you wouldn’t understand. Unless you’re Stina.



http://www.flashlightpress.com/authorillustratorNancyParent.html


http://www.amazon.com/Disneys-Winnie-Pooh-Day-Lessons-Hundred-Acre/dp/1579730876

No comments:

Post a Comment